A mobile friendly website is as just that. When accessing the website on your mobile, the website should display a slightly differerent mini version of the website.
Google wants to serve mobile users mobile-friendly web pages and have created a mobile-friendly testing tool. Enter your URL into the search box.
Google will advise if your website is mobile friendly. Google also provides a screenshot of how the page looks on a smartphone screen and a list of recommendations to make the mobile experience better for the end user.
Ensuring your website and content for mobile is super important, for people to access but also for SEO traffic and conversion rates.
Some suggestions to make your website mobile-friendly.
- Choose a mobile-responsive theme or template with easy navigation
- Simply your menus, that is don’t have lots
- Make images and CSS as light as possible
- Avoid Flash
- Change button size and placement
- Space out your links
- Use a large and readable font
- Eliminate pop-ups
- Test regularly
Contact Julia Mitchell